Freelance art critic and professional librarian with an accredited MSIS specializing in digital archiving, curation, analytics, and image/video collections.
My academic background:
- MS in Information Studies
- Portfolio in Museum Studies
- Certificate in Digital Libraries
- MA in Asian Studies
- My thesis, Ghosts of Pre-Modernity: Butoh and the Avant-Garde is available digitally on Amazon and has appeared as an article in Performance Paradigm – A Journal of Performance and Contemporary Culture.
- BA in Art History focusing on Contemporary Visual Culture and Japan.
- AA in Social Sciences with a focus on Cultural Anthropology and Sociology.
My research interests include: early-modern to contemporary art, literature, theater and film, with specialization in Asian arts.
Technical skills include: collection development, database administration, analytics, metadata/taxonomy development, content strategy and user experience.
Raised in Berkeley, CA, by working class artists, my favorite activities are going to museums, coffee shops, clothing swaps and the library.